Are you a â€śsupport workerâ€ť (find out what that means here) in a care home service for adults?
Registration becomes compulsory for support workers in care home services for adults on 30 September. (Registration is also compulsory for anyone new to get registered within six months of starting their job as a support worker.)
If you have missed the application deadline of 30 September 2014 and havenâ€™t already applied to register then you need to do it now.
If your application is straightforward then you may still be registered by the deadline. Sometimes applications take longer if we need to look into the information youâ€™ve provided (for example, if you have criminal convictions). Most applications are granted and we are working hard to register people on time however receiving a high number of late applications means that it is unlikely that everyone will be registered in time.
What to do now if you havenâ€™t applied
- If you havenâ€™t already applied, do it now by creating an online account on MySSSC
- Tell your manager that you are not yet registered but you are applying now. Employers may be committing an offence if they employ people who are not registered so if your application is delayed for any reason, they will need to let the Care Inspectorate know.
What is happening now if you have already applied?
- If you have submitted your application and have not received your registration certificate it means it is still going through the process just now and you will hear from us shortly. Sometimes we need more information from you and if this happens we will contact you so it is important that you check your email. Once your application is processed we will send your registration certificate and other information about registration to you.
- If we have contacted you to ask for more information or about any aspect of your application please respond within the timescales given as we have to withdraw applications if we do not receive all of the information requested.
- We are currently considering a number of applications from support workers in care home services for adults who are due to be registered by 30 September. If you have an enquiry relating to this particular group of workers please contact: email@example.comÂ Â We aim to reply as quickly as possible however we can get a high volume of enquiries at times.
For all other enquiries relating to registration please email: firstname.lastname@example.org