Early Years Matters, the magazine from Education Scotlandâ€™s Children and Families team has discontinued Early Years Matters after a review. The last magazine was published in autumn 2015.
Using digital channels such as e-bulletins, websites and social media now allows practitioners to learn in more dynamic ways and to interact with others whenever and wherever they are.
Assistant Director Maureen Mallon said:
‘Early Years Matters has been an important part of our work for many years, and we would like to express a big thank you to those who completed our survey about the future of the magazine. A few readers expressed a preference for working from a hard copy. While we are confident that our web pages print easily and cleanly, we hope users will discover the benefits of using our online channels.’
An archive of previous magazines will remain on the Education Scotland websiteÂ until summer 2016, and some articles will be considered for transfer to the new National Improvement Hub (a major new online learning resource for educators) as it develops.
If you would like to stay up-to-date with Education Scotlandâ€™s advice and support:
- subscribe to the Children and Families e-bulletin
- bookmark the Early Learning and Childcare (ELCC) website
- follow the ELCC blog on Glow
- join the national professional learning community for early learning on Glow, #earlylearn
- follow the Children and Families Team on Twitter, @CaFTeam