Itâ€™s Scottish Apprenticeship Week 2016 and weâ€™d like to congratulate all of the people who have completed and are currently working through their social service apprenticeship.
In 2015, 1,743 people in Scotland completed their social service apprenticeships at different levels.
- 29% gained Social Services (Children and Young People) Level 3
- 26% gained Social Services and Healthcare Level 2
- The remainder completed awards from previous frameworks.
Are you interested in becoming an apprentice?
An apprentice is someone:
- who is employed
- who is learning on-the-job
- earning a wage from day one
- working towards an industry-recognised qualification.
Apprenticeships are open to anyone aged 16 or over. If you’re over 25 you can still apply but your employer may have to pay for the cost of training, depending on the sector and apprenticeship selected.
A modern apprenticeship is a great way to start or develop your career. Not only do you learn while working, you gain a qualification too.
Find out more on our website.