We have extended our consultation on the Standard for Foster Care to give people more time to respond after the busy summer period.
The new closing date is 30 September 2016.
We want to gather the views of everyone who provides or supports foster care services including:
- foster carers
- children and young people living in foster care
- social workers
- foster agencies
- academics and training providers
- children and young people whose parents are foster carers
- people who have experienced foster care.
The Standard for Foster Care will support the crucial and often life changing service foster carers provide for Scotlandâ€™s children and young people by providing a national accredited approach to training and development. The new Standard will provide the opportunity for:
- more joint working between fostering agencies
- less duplication of training
- improved access to learning and support
- learning that foster carers can take with them to other agencies or careers.
The consultation explains how we will introduce a new framework of learning and development for foster carers and asks questions to help us implement the new Standard.
If you have any queries on the consultation please contact David Purdie at firstname.lastname@example.org