From 1 November 2016 the registration period for all workers will be five years, with the exception of social workers whose three year registration period will remain.
Who does this affect?
Registrants changing from a three year to a five year registration period are:
- all workers in residential child care
- all workers in residential school care accommodation
- managers of housing support services
- managers of care at home services
- managers of care home services for adults
- managers of adult day care services
- Care Inspectorate inspectors.
I’m registered. What do I need to do?
You don’t need to do anything. Your registration will change to a five year registration period when you renew your registration. Your annual fee will continue to be due each year and post registration training and learning (PRTL) requirements will stay the same as in your original registration.
Workers who have yet to register
All workers, except social workers, registered on or after 1 November 2016 will have a five year registration period.