Deadline looming for registration of supervisors in housing support and care at home services

Supervisors in housing support and care at home services must apply to register by 31 December 2016.

Elderly man with carer.All supervisors must be registered by 30 June 2017. We have set the deadline date of 31 December 2016 for applications to register to guarantee registration will be complete by the required date of 30 June 2017.

Don’t leave it to the last minute; submit your applications as soon as possible.

Did you start your job after 1 July 2014?

The above deadline only applies to workers who were in their job before 1 July 2014.  Any worker who started after 1 July 2014 must apply for registration as soon as possible after they start employment and must be registered within six months of starting in their role.

What is a supervisor?

We give the definitions of supervisors below to help.

Supervisors in housing support services are defined as workers who hold responsibilities for providing and supervising the provision of care and/or support given directly to a user of a housing support service.

Supervisors in care at home services are defined as workers who have responsibility for supervising workers and overseeing and monitoring the implementation of care plans.

You can find more detailed definitions on our website.

Anyone carrying out duties described in the definitions above should apply for registration as a supervisor. It’s important to remember that if you are a supervisor in both housing support and care at home you must apply for registration on both parts of the Register.

Registration of support workers 

The Scottish Government is yet to tell us when the Register will open for support workers in a housing support service and support workers in a care at home service. Once we receive confirmation we will let you know.

No comments.

Leave a Reply