Launching 16 January 2017.
The new awards, run by the Social Work Services Strategic Forum who produced the Social Services in Scotland â€“ a shared vision and strategy 2015-2020, recognise and celebrate the work of the social service sector in Scotland and those who work in it.
The awards will highlight best practice and the people who are helping to lead the way and make a real difference to the lives of the people they help to support.
Who can enter?
You can enter as an individual, a team or an organisation. You can also nominate someone you think deserves an award.
There will be ten award categories, reflecting the four work stands of the social services strategy. They are new, distinctive and aim to highlight work which creates a positive impact on the lives of others.
The categories are:
Supporting the workforce
- Living the codes: to recognise success in bringing the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) Codes of Practice to life
- Bright spark: for an individual who is new to social services but is already making a real difference to someoneâ€™s life
- An enlightened approach: to recognise the importance of learning and development within the workforce
Understanding service quality and performance
- Silo buster: to recognise joined up thinking, working and delivering during a time of integration and change
- The courage to take a risk: for those who have taken a risk and stood up to make change with a positive outcome
Improving use of evidence
- Making research real: to highlight good use of research in social services practice to challenge current thinking and explore new options
- Thought leadership: for those who have influenced thinking in a team, organisation or more widely by learning, discussing or trying new things
Promoting public understanding
- The untold story: to celebrate the unsung hero or inspiring individual who think they are just doing their job
- Head above the parapet: for those who have spoken up about an issue, promoting social justice and championing the rights of the vulnerable
Policy focus – special annual award
- Carers champion: in recognition of the Carers Act to honour those who champion the rights and interests of carers
Shortlisted entrants will create a one to two minute promotional film of their story using smart phones. Help and support will be provided.
The awards will be held on 13 June 2017.