The first Scottish Learning Disability Awards to celebrate the rarely heard stories and achievements of people with learning disabilities and the people who support them are taking place this May.
Held during Learning Disability Week 2017Â the awards will showcase individuals who are excelling in areas where people with learning disabilities are rarely represented.
The categories are:
- Sport achievement
- Youth achievement
- Employee recognition
- Exceptional frontlineÂ worker
- Inspirational family carer
- Creative achievement
- RSA Scotland: Social impact award.
There are several ways to make a nomination:
- complete theÂ nomination form
- complete the easy read nomination form
- submit a video of your answers
- phone the Scottish Commission for Learning Disability (SCLD) office.
Nominations close at 5pm on Monday 6 March 2017.
The winners and highly commended applicants will be announced at the inaugural awards ceremony at Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow on Friday 19Â May 2017.
If you have any questions about the awards, please phone 0141 248 3733 or emailÂ firstname.lastname@example.org