Social service workers in care at home services and housing support services can apply to register with SSSC from 2 October 2017.
With around 45,000 workers expected to register, it’s the biggest ever group of workers to register with us!
Before registration can start and the part of the SSSC Register opens, the regulations must be approved by Scottish Parliament. This has now happened.
What we are doing to help employers get ready for registration
We are developing various tools to help employers including:
- a special monthly enewsletter which will include useful information and tools
- leaflets and posters to help you spread the news about registration
- a new registration app with sections for employers and workers
- a Powerpoint presentation you can use to share information about the SSSC and registration with staff
- a spreadsheet to help you plan when workers should apply for registration.
Look out for our special enewsletters for managers of housing support and care at home services and countersignatories.
What we are doing for workers who will register with us
If you work in a housing support or care at home service and are not sure who the SSSC is or what registration means, visit our did you know? page on our website for answers to the top questions about our work. Or sign up to our monthly enewsletter to keep up to date with news about us and registration. You don’t need to be registered to get it.