Options available to pay for workers in care at home and housing support to complete a qualification for registration


There are various funding options available for to help workers in care at home and housing support complete a qualification for registration.

Voluntary Sector Development Funding (VSDF)

If you are a voluntary organisation providing social services registered with the Care Inspectorate, we’ve recently launched the VSDF which you can access. You can apply for VSDF to contribute to the costs associated with your staff meeting the required registration qualification criteria we set. VSDF funding this year is for workers in housing support and care at home services. Find out more about VSDF and how to apply on our website. VSDF closes on 1 September 2017.

Individual Learning Accounts (ILA) (changing to Individual Training Account)

A new ILA scheme will start in October called Individual Training Account (ITA). If eligible, you can be entitled to up to £200 per year towards a course. There’s more information about ITAs on My World of Work’s website.

Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS)

You can apply for SAAS funding if you earn under £25,000 and studying for a qualification at SCQF levels 7-10. Contact the SAAS to find out more.

Visit our Funding for Training webpage for other funding options.

Comments are closed.