Thursday 14 February 2019 - 10:00 am to 3:30 pm
VenueTrades Hall of Glasgow, 85 Glassford Street
About the event
Come along to our free engagement events, in partnership with the Office of the Chief Social Work Adviser (OCSWA), to tell us what you think about the draft frameworks for practice for social care and social work.
We are developing the professional frameworks for practice as part of the recommendations of the National Health and Social Care Workforce Plan Part 2 – a framework for improving workforce planning for social care in Scotland. At the heart of this work is making sure we have a skilled, competent and flexible workforce fit for the future who will continue to improve outcomes for the people who use services.
Outcomes for the day
- An opportunity to see and hear about work taking place to support workforce planning in social services.
- A chance to find out more about the draft frameworks for social care and social work.
- An opportunity to help shape the frameworks by sharing your views to make sure they are fit for the future and support ongoing professionalism and career development in the sector.
Who should come?
This is event is for:
- registered and non-registered social service workers, social workers, managers, learning and development leads, practice teachers, mental health officers etc
- social service and social work employers from the public, private and voluntary sector, IJB Chief Officers, CSWOs, HEI/FEIs and other learning providers.
How to book
To request a place at the event please email email@example.com with the following information.
- Edinburgh, 5 February or Glasgow, 14 February.
- Which discussion group you want to join – social care or social work.
- Personal details: Name, job title, organisation, contact email and if you have any special dietary or access requirements.
Places are limited so please request yours as soon as possible. We’ll confirm your place at least one week before the date of the event. Both events will run from 10.00am to 3.30pm, are free to attend and lunch will be provided.
Outline for the day
- Welcome and introductions
- Scene setting – National Workforce Plan
- Introducing the frameworks for social care and social work
- Group discussions – social care and social work
- Questions from discussions
- Group feedback from both groups
- Next steps
- Closing statement
Draft Social Care Framework
Based on the national qualification framework (Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework) this framework will set out the range of practice-based learning routes that can support people to enhance their learning and careers in social care and across health services
Draft Social Work Framework
This framework will improve the structure, accessibility and provision of high quality, specialist learning for social workers. It will build on the revised Standards in Social Work Education and will include existing specialist awards and the newly qualified social worker (NQSW) standard.
<< Back to events list